There are certain factors from www.justhorseracing.com.au/melbourne-cup that affect race like:
* State of the track, distance and direction.
* Barriers assigned to each horse.
* Performances and placing in other reputed races like Caulfield cup, Cox Plate cup and Victoria Derby.
* European bred and trained horses due to their staying ability.
* State of the track which could change on the day. Some horses might favor wet tracks shield some, dry. A rainy day could change the odds.
Every year, numerous Melbourne Cup tipping experts pop-up who could give genuine as well as totally insane tips It is better to do your research thoroughly before placing bets.